We offer elegant sash windows in Oxford and locally across Oxfordshire, serving Witney, Headington and Bicester. A sash window has one or more moveable panels or ‘sashes’ forming a frame to hold panes of glass, often separated from other panes by glazing bars. Almost all have glazed panels opened by horizontal (or vertical) sliding.
Sash windows have been around since towards the end of the seventeenth century and are often found in Victorian, Edwardian or Georgian properties.
Windows With Character
Modern advances for sash windows and the added benefit of double glazing means you can enjoy considerable comfort alongside an elegant appearance – there’s no compromise and no need to choose between the two.
One classic design is to have three panes across and two up on each of two sashes, to create what’s known as a six-over-six-panel window.
Benefits of Sliding Sash Windows
Choose sash widnows for your double glazing in Oxford and elsewhere and you can look forward to a number of benefits, including:
- Easy incorporation of a number of state-of-the-art safety and security features.
- An end to unwanted draughts or cold spots – and of course, you can open your windows to let in a cooling breeze when it’s hot.
- Long-lasting versatility & functionality: These solutions can suit anything from a period property to a stylish modern flat and offer a smooth, dependable operation for years if not decades.
So it’s hardly surprising that sash windows are often the most requested alternative to casement models.
Our Sash Windows
Get a distinctive, eye-catching look for your home with our vertical sliding sash windows, whatever your property type, finished with a completely natural look.
Our solutions mirror the classic elegance of the Georgian age, while giving you the benefits of low-maintenance, high-performing uPVC.
They come with two sliding sashes, decorative horns and sculpted ovolo frames. As an optional extra, choose sculpted Georgian bars and other fixings to subtly enhance character.
You will also enjoy:
- Outstanding built-in thermal efficiency thanks to the multi-chambered uPVC profile and triple brush seals around the opening for impeccable draught-proofing. Meanwhile uPVC thermal inserts can be used to boost your windows’ energy efficiency to an A-rating. Remember that around a fifth of the heat leaving the typical British house escapes through the windows. Our solutions help keep bills low and comfort levels high.
- No-nonsense cleaning & maintenance: Our sash windows have an innovative design to make cleaning and maintenance a doddle. Upper and lower sashes tilt inwards, giving access from inside, increasing safety above ground level. What’s more, uPVC needs no painting or treating anyway. A quick wipe down is all you need to keep frames looking as they did the day they were fitted.
- Fire safety: All of our windows comply with the Building Regulations Part B (fire safety) ‘means of escape’ requirements in terms of creating enough room for a safe escape to be made in the event of a fire.
- Tailor-made: Every window in our sliding sash range is tailored to suit your home, no one else’s! Sizes are available from up to 1.6m wide and 2.4m high. With our range of colours and woodgrain finishes, you’re bound to find a look that sets your property off to perfection. In all, there are seven colours from which to take your pick.
- Faultless fitting: Our sash windows are manufactured and installed to a very high standard, for a faultless finish, time after time.
- ‘A’ rated for sustainability: uPVC is reusable and recyclable over hundreds of years, making this material the eco-friendly choice.
Take The Next Step to Beautiful Sash Windows
Looking to take the next step to beautiful new sash windows?
Just drop us a message using the form below and one of our friendly team will get in touch and arrange a time that suits you!