Hardwood Timber Windows
If you want to make the beauty of natural timber part of your home, we at Paradise Windows can help, whether you’re looking for double glazed windows in Oxford, or outside, or across Gloucestershire or Wiltshire. We have an array of heavenly solutions from which you can take your pick, whatever the size, style or age of your property.
Why wooden windows?
Timber is a natural insulator with excellent heat-retention properties, while offering a versatile, low-maintenance and energy-efficient solution for your replacement window frames. Able to accommodate double and triple glazing, these solutions create a timeless, elegant appearance thanks to timber’s attractive grain patterns. Give your home a cosy feel with wooden window frames, which are always warm to the touch.
Naturally renewable and carbon neutral, timber needs less energy for it to be converted into usable form. It may well be the natural, non-toxic and biodegradable choice for your home.
Our wooden windows come from manufacturers based in rural Oxfordshire, made by committed craftsmen and skilled technicians who use both traditional methods and the latest technology. They are designed to give our customers the following benefits:
- Timber is ethically and sustainably sourced from renewable forests, in compliance with strict Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standards, and the Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTCC). This is a guarantee that the wood is from a well-managed, controlled and legal source which is non-controversial.
- Choose from Uruguayan Red Grandis, Malaysian Dark Red Meranti or European Redwood or Oak – remember, all are from managed forests
- The redwood is a softwood, the other two timbers are hardwood and moderately or very durable
- There’s a wide range of hardware and ironmongery to go with your windows, to suit any requirement, including locks, latches, hinges and more
- All windows have multi-point locking systems and shootbolts as standard – although other systems are available – to give you complete peace of mind as to their security
- Choose from a variety of stains to enhance the product’s wood grain
- Take your pick from a range of standard colours, or paints in any BS or RAL colour or colours from Farrow & Ball, Dulux or Crown
- Windows are sanded by hand, dipped in an antifungicidal base coat of paint and then finished off with two spray coats
- Sealed or double glazed units are 28mm in the stormproof models, 24mm in all the alternatives, but both give maximum performance. A number of glass enhancements and decorative features are also on offer.
A trio of styles
These are based on a standard timber model first introduced in the 1950s. The sash is lipped over the frame, giving stronger weatherproof protection than the flush casement model. The design incorporates one weatherstrip to the sash, another to the frame, to maximise draught sealing. These high-performance units have the maximum ‘U’ value performance for building regulations approval.
Traditional flush windows
Based on a classic, tried-and-tested pre-1950s design, the sashes are flush with the frame on the outside. These models offer a traditional look with modern, secure multi-point shootbolt locks and handles and stainless steel friction hinges. Alternatively, choose our stepped flush version, which looks almost the same but has enhanced weatherproofing thanks to a nifty design in which the frame and sash are ‘stepped’ together on the inside, so that the window can be double-weatherstripped.
Sliding sash windows
There are three different designs for these solutions:
- Spiral balances – With a traditional appearance, this is the main choice for new-build vertical sliding slash windows
- Tilt-and-slide – Based on the above design, but can be tilted inwards to make cleaning easier
- Weights and pulleys – This is the traditional method for sliding sash windows, thought to date back to the 1600s and gives windows and extremely smooth operation
Why choose Paradise?
We offer solutions for timber and uPVC windows in Oxford and further afield, including in Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.
- Local: We’re right up your street!
- Well-established: We’ve been working in our industry for more than two decades and are known for both the quality of our service and our products
- Free estimates: Without obligation
- Satisfied clients: Join hundreds of them!
- A decade-long warranty: We offer this guarantee on all parts including hardware. The industry standard is generally up to two years on mechanical parts.
- FENSA-registered: This is the Fenestration Self-Assessment scheme, set up by the industry with government approval in response to building regulations. It means we comply with all current thermal performance standards.
- We don’t take a deposit when you place your order with us
- We’re independent: Because we’re not linked to any particular manufacturer, we can advise on the individual solution that’s genuinely the best for your home and circumstances. Let us come out to your home without charge or obligation for a chat about potential options.
What’s more, our professional approach and superlative service come as standard and have led to countless word-of-mouth recommendations over the years.
Dear Sirs, We were very pleased with a very satisfactory job by your workmen. Yours Faithfully, Maureen and John R.
Dear Paul, We were very pleased with the door and window and how the work was done. Sue and Rob P.
Dear Paul Just a little note to say that I am very pleased with my new windows. Many thanks to Dave for his excellent work. I wish you both every success in the future. Very best regards A. Richards
Dear Paul We are very pleased with the job that has been done and couldn't believe how quickly they were fitted. We would have no hesitation to recommend you to anybody in the future. Thanks again.
Dear Mr. Johnson, Now that our windows have been fitted, I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know how pleased we are with the job. From the very first contact onward, all members of your team have been courteous and efficient. It can be a daunting process taking a number from the Yellow Pages but, in this instance, it paid off! Apart from the fact that the windows look very smart and completely change the feel of the rooms, the neatness of the work was very impressive. All in all it has been a pleasure doing business with you and I look forward to receiving my certificate of insurance in due course. Many Thanks
Dear Mr Johnson I am very pleased with my new windows and doors and John and Martin who installed them did an excellent job and were extremely helpful. Your company was recommended to me by two different people and I shall certainly recommend yourselves to anyone else.
Dear Paul, We are absolutely delighted with the finished results and have already had some approving comments. Roger and the team were very efficient and tidy, so pass on our gratitude.
Windows look great! Fantastic job. The guys that did the fitting were brilliant. Very polite, on time and kindly managed to do the lounge window in the first day so we could put back our Christmas tree!
Many thanks to you and the fitters for the expert fitting - I am very happy with the new door!
I have to say if everyone who has worked on this project was as easy to deal with as yourselves and provided the same standard of product and service, it would be so much easier. Everyone who has seen the doors and windows has been very complimentary and I’d gladly recommend you to anyone in need of same. Likewise I’d be happy to act as a site reference should someone in the area contact you.
I just wanted to pass on my thanks for the entire team of people that we have dealt with at Paradise Windows, you have made this a very easy process, much easier and less daunting than I thought it would be. We are both really happy with the window and fitting quality and the whole service that we received, if only every company would be like this it would make life so much easier!
"I had a replacement conservatory last week and am so very pleased with both the product, and the workmanship. It was finished off beautifully, feels very strong and well built. I was pleased with the advice given prior to ordering , the pricing, which was very good for the quality, and the general sale and completion. I highly recommend this company. Thank you so much"
Thank you, I am delighted with my new door, especially the window in it that lets beautiful lights into the hall.
"Just a quick note to say I am really pleased with the result of the windows, they look really good. You have a great install team and I am impressed with the speed at which they worked and how tidy they were. I will have no hesitation in recommending your company."
Very impressed. Will surely recommend Paradise Windows to friends and family!
The guys managed to finish all the windows and doors yesterday - they look fantastic. Sam and I are really pleased with the work, and the finish is very good. Thank you!
...wanted to say how happy we are with the new windows and brick work, what a difference! A very tidy job and very pleasant fitters. Look forward to being able to replace the remaining windows/doors with you in the near future.
Take the next step
Take the next step now:
- Learn more about the possible solutions before deciding which one might work best for you. Download our brochure outlining the options in more detail
- Book an initial consultation. A member of our team will talk you through the various solutions without doing the hard sell, and, remember, without charge or obligation.
- Fill in the form below or call 01869 343317 (Oxfordshire) or 01367 850188 (Gloucestershire).
Please use this form to book your free appiontment